Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Review

Today I will be bringing you a review of the Platinum Burners from Optonics.  I purchased these little beauties from my local auto parts store about a week ago.  The package comes with everything you need.  A two way toggle switch, power wires with inline fuse, as well as ground wires of course.  Mounting brackets are also included as well with the necessary screws.  Now, what I did is mounted the lihts in the second insert of my grille on my 93’ F150 Pickup, it’s just a fill light basically meaning it gives you a wider sight of view and of course it’s brighter, lighting up the trail amazingly.  Just what I was in need of.  These lights burn at 50W with a 12V power supply leading off the battery.  With metal mounting brackets, and glass lens these lights are tough no doubt.  On with the reviewing aspect, I’ve already put these lights to the test on the trail and in the rain they perform great.  The only concern I have with them is that they do get hot and by hot I mean really hot, and for the place I mounted them in this could cause issues but other than that they’re great.  Wiring was no hassle at all.  The ground wires were giving me a little trouble but after finding a clean contact it worked just fine.  I ran the wires clean through the grille and out through the intake cut out easy as pie.  Overall, I think for the price of these lights $19.99 US it’s a great buy if your looking for cheap but powerful lights, they are also low profile which is good to.  So I hope you enjoyed this review, hope it gave you good thoughts.
Good Day.






No comments:

Post a Comment